vexing meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of vexing at MeaningMonkey.org. vexing meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of vexing (adjective)
- extremely annoying or displeasing
- "his cavelier curtness of manner was exasperating"; "I've had an exasperating day"; "her infuriating indifference"; "the ceaseless tumult of the jukebox was maddening"
- synonyms: exasperating, infuriating, maddening
- causing irritation or annoyance
- "tapping an annoying rhythm on his glass with his fork"; "aircraft noise is particularly bothersome near the airport"; "found it galling to have to ask permission"; "an irritating delay"; "nettlesome paperwork"; "a pesky mosquito"; "swarms of pestering gnats"; "a plaguey newfangled safety catch"; "a teasing and persistent thought annoyed him"; "a vexatious child"; "it is vexing to have to admit you are wrong"
- synonyms: annoying, bothersome, galling, irritating, nettlesome, pesky, pestering, pestiferous, plaguey, plaguy, teasing, vexatious
Source: Princeton University Wordnet