Definition of vest (noun)
- a man's sleeveless garment worn underneath a coat
- synonyms: waistcoat
- a collarless men's undergarment for the upper part of the body
Definition of vest (verb)
- provide with power and authority
- place (authority, property, or rights) in the control of a person or group of persons
- "She vested her vast fortune in her two sons"
- become legally vested
- "The property vests in the trustees"
- clothe oneself in ecclesiastical garments
- clothe formally; especially in ecclesiastical robes
- synonyms: robe
Source: Princeton University Wordnet