versatile meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of versatile at MeaningMonkey.org. versatile meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of versatile (adjective)
- having great diversity or variety
- "his various achievements are impressive"; "his vast and versatile erudition"
- synonyms: various
- changeable or inconstant
- "versatile moods"
- competent in many areas and able to turn with ease from one thing to another
- "a versatile writer"
- able to move freely in all directions
- "an owl's versatile toe can move backward and forward"; "an insect's versatile antennae can move up and down or laterally"; "a versatile anther of a flower moves freely in the wind"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet