Definition of verbal (adjective)
- communicated in the form of words
- "verbal imagery"; "a verbal protest"
- of or relating to or formed from words in general
- "verbal ability"
- of or relating to or formed from a verb
- "verbal adjectives like `running' in `hot and cold running water'"
- relating to or having facility in the use of words
- "a good poet is a verbal artist"; "a merely verbal writer who sacrifices content to sound"; "verbal aptitude"
- antonym: mathematical
- expressed in spoken words
- "a verbal contract"
- "you put me to forget a lady's manners by being so verbal"- Shakespeare
Source: Princeton University Wordnet