Definition of venture (noun)
- any venturesome undertaking especially one with an uncertain outcome
- an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits
- "he knew the stock was a speculation when he bought it"
- synonyms: speculation
- a commercial undertaking that risks a loss but promises a profit
Definition of venture (verb)
- proceed somewhere despite the risk of possible dangers
- "We ventured into the world of high-tech and bought a supercomputer"
- synonyms: embark
- put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation
- put at risk
Source: Princeton University Wordnet