vegetative meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of vegetative at MeaningMonkey.org. vegetative meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of vegetative (adjective)
- of or relating to an activity that is passive and monotonous
- "a dull vegetative lifestyle"
- synonyms: vegetive
- composed of vegetation or plants
- "regions rich in vegetal products"; "vegetational cover"; "the decaying vegetative layer covering a forest floor"
- synonyms: vegetal, vegetational
- relating to involuntary bodily functions
- "vegetative functions such as digestion or growth or circulation"
- (of reproduction) characterized by asexual processes
- synonyms: vegetal
Source: Princeton University Wordnet