Definition of vegetate (verb)
- lead a passive existence without using one's body or mind
- establish vegetation on
- "They vegetated the hills behind their house"
- produce vegetation
- "The fields vegetate vigorously"
- grow like a plant
- "This fungus usually vegetates vigorously"
- grow or spread abnormally
- "warts and polyps can vegetate if not removed"
- propagate asexually
- "The bacterial growth vegetated along"
- engage in passive relaxation
- "After a hard day's work, I vegetate in front of the television"
- synonyms: vege out
Source: Princeton University Wordnet