various meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of various at MeaningMonkey.org. various meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of various (adjective)
- of many different kinds purposefully arranged but lacking any uniformity
- "assorted sizes"; "his disguises are many and various"; "various experiments have failed to disprove the theory"; "cited various reasons for his behavior"
- synonyms: assorted
- considered individually
- "the respective club members"; "specialists in their several fields"; "the various reports all agreed"
- synonyms: respective, several
- distinctly dissimilar or unlike
- "celebrities as diverse as Bob Hope and Bob Dylan"; "animals as various as the jaguar and the cavy and the sloth"
- synonyms: diverse
- having great diversity or variety
- "his various achievements are impressive"; "his vast and versatile erudition"
- synonyms: versatile
Source: Princeton University Wordnet