Definition of variation (noun)
- an instance of change; the rate or magnitude of change
- synonyms: fluctuation
- an activity that varies from a norm or standard
- "any variation in his routine was immediately reported"
- synonyms: variance
- a repetition of a musical theme in which it is modified or embellished
- something a little different from others of the same type
- an artifact that deviates from a norm or standard
- "he patented a variation on the sandal"
- the angle (at a particular location) between magnetic north and true north
- the process of varying or being varied
- (astronomy) any perturbation of the mean motion or orbit of a planet or satellite (especially a perturbation of the earth's moon)
- (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- (ballet) a solo dance or dance figure
- synonyms: pas seul
- the act of changing or altering something slightly but noticeably from the norm or standard
- "who is responsible for these variations in taxation?"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet