Definition of vanilla (noun)
- any of numerous climbing plants of the genus Vanilla having fleshy leaves and clusters of large waxy highly fragrant white or green or topaz flowers
- a flavoring prepared from vanilla beans macerated in alcohol (or imitating vanilla beans)
- synonyms: vanilla extract
- a distinctive fragrant flavor characteristic of vanilla beans
Definition of vanilla (adjective)
- flavored with vanilla extract
- "he liked vanilla ice cream"
- plain and without any extras or adornments
- "the most common type of bond is the straight or plain vanilla bond"; "the basic car is known as the vanilla version"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet