valve meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of valve at MeaningMonkey.org. valve meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of valve (noun)
- a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it
- device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone
- control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
- the entire one-piece shell of a snail and certain other molluscs
- one of the paired hinged shells of certain molluscs and of brachiopods
Source: Princeton University Wordnet