Definition of term (noun)
- a word or expression used for some particular thing
- "he learned many medical terms"
- a limited period of time
- "a prison term"; "he left school before the end of term"
- (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement
- "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"
- synonyms: condition
- any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial
- "the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree"
- one of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition
- "the major term of a syllogism must occur twice"
- the end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent
- "a healthy baby born at full term"
- synonyms: full term
- (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
Definition of term (verb)
- name formally or designate with a term
Source: Princeton University Wordnet