Definition of tackle (noun)
- the person who plays that position on a football team
- "the right tackle is a straight A student"
- gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
- synonyms: rigging
- gear used in fishing
- (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage
- "it takes a big man to play tackle"
- (American football) grasping an opposing player with the intention of stopping by throwing to the ground
Definition of tackle (verb)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet