sulphurous meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of sulphurous at MeaningMonkey.org. sulphurous meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of sulphurous (adjective)
- of or related to or containing sulfur or derived from sulfur
- synonyms: sulfurous
- harsh or corrosive in tone
- "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose"; "a barrage of acid comments"; "her acrid remarks make her many enemies"; "bitter words"; "blistering criticism"; "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics"; "a sulfurous denunciation"; "a vitriolic critique"
- synonyms: acerb, acerbic, acid, acrid, bitter, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, virulent, vitriolic
- characterized by oppressive heat and humidity
Source: Princeton University Wordnet