Definition of oblique (noun)
- any grammatical case other than the nominative
- a diagonally arranged abdominal muscle on either side of the torso
Definition of oblique (adjective)
- slanting or inclined in direction or course or position--neither parallel nor perpendicular nor right-angled
- "the oblique rays of the winter sun"; "acute and obtuse angles are oblique angles"; "the axis of an oblique cone is not perpendicular to its base"
- antonym: parallel
- indirect in departing from the accepted or proper way; misleading
- "used devious means to achieve success"; "gave oblique answers to direct questions"; "oblique political maneuvers"
- synonyms: devious
Source: Princeton University Wordnet