Definition of mouth (noun)
- the opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge
- the externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face and the system of organs surrounding the opening
- "she wiped lipstick from her mouth"
- an opening that resembles a mouth (as of a cave or a gorge)
- "he rode into the mouth of the canyon"; "they built a fire at the mouth of the cave"
- the point where a stream issues into a larger body of water
- "New York is at the mouth of the Hudson"
- a person conceived as a consumer of food
- "he has four mouths to feed"
- a spokesperson (as a lawyer)
- synonyms: mouthpiece
- an impudent or insolent rejoinder
- the opening of a jar or bottle
- "the jar had a wide mouth"
Definition of mouth (verb)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet