Definition of mound (noun)
- (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
- a small natural hill
- a collection of objects laid on top of each other
- structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones
- "they built small mounds to hide behind"
- synonyms: hill
- the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit
- "he has played every position except pitcher"; "they have a southpaw on the mound"
- synonyms: pitcher
Definition of mound (verb)
- form into a rounded elevation
- "mound earth"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet