Definition of motion (noun)
- the use of movements (especially of the hands) to communicate familiar or prearranged signals
- synonyms: gesture
- a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
- synonyms: movement
- a change of position that does not entail a change of location
- a state of change
- "they were in a state of steady motion"
- antonym: lifelessness
- a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote
- "he made a motion to adjourn"; "she called for the question"
- synonyms: question
- the act of changing location from one place to another
- an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object
Definition of motion (verb)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet