Definition of molar (noun)
- grinding tooth with a broad crown; located behind the premolars
- synonyms: grinder
Definition of molar (adjective)
- of or pertaining to the grinding teeth in the back of a mammal's mouth
- "molar teeth"
- designating a solution containing one mole of solute per liter of solution
- containing one mole of a substance
- "molar weight"
- pertaining to large units of behavior
- "such molar problems of personality as the ego functions"--R.R. Hunt
- antonym: molecular
Source: Princeton University Wordnet