Definition of minister (noun)
- a person authorized to conduct religious worship
- a person appointed to a high office in the government
- "Minister of Finance"
- synonyms: government minister
- a diplomat representing one government to another; ranks below ambassador
- synonyms: diplomatic minister
- the job of a head of a government department
Definition of minister (verb)
- attend to the wants and needs of others
- "I have to minister to my mother all the time"
- work as a minister
- "She is ministering in an old parish"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet