MESS UP verb
Definition of mess up (verb)
- make a mess of, destroy or ruin
- "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
- synonyms: ball up, blow, bobble, bodge, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, botch, botch up, bumble, bungle, flub, fluff, foul up, fuck up, fumble, louse up, mishandle, muck up, muff, screw up, spoil
- disturb the smoothness of
- make a mess of or create disorder in
- "He messed up his room"
- synonyms: mess
Source: Princeton University Wordnet