Definition of meridian (noun)
- the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
- "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
- synonyms: acme, elevation, height, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, tiptop, top
- a town in eastern Mississippi
- an imaginary great circle on the surface of the earth passing through the north and south poles at right angles to the equator
- "all points on the same meridian have the same longitude"
- synonyms: line of longitude
Definition of meridian (adjective)
- of or happening at noon
- "meridian hour"
- being at the best stage of development
- "our manhood's prime vigor"- Robert Browning
- synonyms: prime
Source: Princeton University Wordnet