mercury meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of mercury at MeaningMonkey.org. mercury meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of mercury (noun)
- a heavy silvery toxic univalent and bivalent metallic element; the only metal that is liquid at ordinary temperatures
- synonyms: atomic number 80, Hg, hydrargyrum, quicksilver
- (Roman mythology) messenger of Jupiter and god of commerce; counterpart of Greek Hermes
- the smallest planet and the nearest to the sun
- temperature measured by a mercury thermometer
- "the mercury was falling rapidly"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet