Definition of meet (noun)
- a meeting at which a number of athletic contests are held
- synonyms: sports meeting
Definition of meet (verb)
- come together
- get together socially or for a specific purpose
- synonyms: get together
- be adjacent or come together
- fill or meet a want or need
- satisfy a condition or restriction
- satisfy or fulfill
- collect in one place
- get to know; get acquainted with
- "I met this really handsome guy at a bar last night!"; "we met in Singapore"
- meet by design; be present at the arrival of
- "Can you meet me at the train station?"
- contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle
- experience as a reaction
- undergo or suffer
- "meet a violent death"; "suffer a terrible fate"
- synonyms: suffer
- be in direct physical contact with; make contact
Definition of meet (adjective)
- being precisely fitting and right
- "it is only meet that she should be seated first"
- synonyms: fitting
Source: Princeton University Wordnet