Definition of just (adjective)
- used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting
- "a just and lasting peace"- A.Lincoln; "a kind and just man"; "a just reward"; "his just inheritance"
- antonym: unjust
- fair to all parties as dictated by reason and conscience
- free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; conforming with established standards or rules
- of moral excellence
Definition of just (adverb)
- and nothing more
- indicating exactness or preciseness
- only a moment ago
- "he has just arrived"; "the sun just now came out"
- synonyms: just now
- "I just can't take it anymore"; "he was just grand as Romeo"; "it's simply beautiful!"
- synonyms: simply
- only a very short time before
- exactly at this moment or the moment described
- "we've just finished painting the walls, so don't touch them";
Source: Princeton University Wordnet