Definition of house (noun)
- a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families
- "he has a house on Cape Cod"; "she felt she had to get out of the house"
- the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
- the members of a religious community living together
- the audience gathered together in a theatre or cinema
- "the house applauded"; "he counted the house"
- an official assembly having legislative powers
- "a bicameral legislature has two houses"
- aristocratic family line
- "the House of York"
- play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults
- "the children were playing house"
- (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided
- the management of a gambling house or casino
- "the house gets a percentage of every bet"
- a social unit living together
- a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented
- a building in which something is sheltered or located
- "they had a large carriage house"
Definition of house (verb)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet