groupie meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of groupie at MeaningMonkey.org. groupie meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of groupie (noun)
- A person, especially a young woman, who regularly follows a celebrity or band, in the hopes of meeting or getting to know them.
- "The rock star's groupies follow him from city to city on his world tour."
- "She was criticized for being a groupie, but she genuinely loved the music and enjoyed the concert atmosphere."
- "He became a groupie of the indie band, travelling across states to attend their live shows."
- Somebody who is overly obsessed with something or someone.
- "He is a tech groupie, always up to date with the latest gadgets and software."
- "As a food groupie, she loves trying out new restaurants and exploring various cuisines."
- "He isn't just a sports fan, he's a full-on groupie, with a room filled with memorabilia."
Source: Princeton University Wordnet