Definition of game (noun)
- a contest with rules to determine a winner
- "you need four people to play this game"
- a single play of a sport or other contest
- "the game lasted two hours"
- an amusement or pastime
- "they played word games"; "he thought of his painting as a game that filled his empty time"; "his life was all fun and games"
- animal hunted for food or sport
- (tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
- (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win
- "the game is 6 all"; "he is serving for the game"
- the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
- a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
- the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game
- "the child received several games for his birthday"
- your occupation or line of work
- "he's in the plumbing game"; "she's in show biz"
- synonyms: biz
- frivolous or trifling behavior
- "for actors, memorizing lines is no game"; "for him, life is all fun and games"
Definition of game (verb)
- place a bet on
Definition of game (adjective)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet