Definition of fuse (noun)
- an electrical device that can interrupt the flow of electrical current when it is overloaded
- any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
Definition of fuse (verb)
- mix together different elements
- become plastic or fluid or liquefied from heat
- "The substances fused at a very high temperature"
- equip with a fuse; provide with a fuse
- antonym: defuse
- make liquid or plastic by heating
- "The storm fused the electric mains"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet