Definition of explosive (noun)
- a chemical substance that undergoes a rapid chemical change (with the production of gas) on being heated or struck
Definition of explosive (adjective)
- serving to explode or characterized by explosion or sudden outburst
- "an explosive device"; "explosive gas"; "explosive force"; "explosive violence"; "an explosive temper"
- antonym: nonexplosive
- liable to lead to sudden change or violence
- "an explosive issue"; "a volatile situation with troops and rioters eager for a confrontation"
- synonyms: volatile
- sudden and loud
- "an explosive laugh"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet