exercise meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of exercise at MeaningMonkey.org. exercise meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of exercise (noun)
- the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit
- "the doctor recommended regular exercise"; "he did some exercising"; "the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit"
- synonyms: exercising, physical exercise, physical exertion, workout
- the act of using
- "he warned against the use of narcotic drugs"; "skilled in the utilization of computers"
- synonyms: employment, usage, use, utilisation, utilization
- systematic training by multiple repetitions
- "practice makes perfect"
- synonyms: drill, practice, practice session, recitation
- a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding
- "you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook"
- synonyms: example
- (usually plural) a ceremony that involves processions and speeches
- "academic exercises"
Definition of exercise (verb)
- put to use
- "exert one's power or influence"
- synonyms: exert
- carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
- give a workout to
- do physical exercise
- "She works out in the gym every day"
- synonyms: work out
- learn by repetition
Source: Princeton University Wordnet