employment meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of employment at MeaningMonkey.org. employment meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of employment (noun)
- the state of being employed or having a job
- "they are looking for employment"; "he was in the employ of the city"
- synonyms: employ
- antonym: unemployment
- the occupation for which you are paid
- "he is looking for employment"; "a lot of people are out of work"
- synonyms: work
- the act of giving someone a job
- synonyms: engagement
- the act of using
- "he warned against the use of narcotic drugs"; "skilled in the utilization of computers"
- synonyms: exercise, usage, use, utilisation, utilization
Source: Princeton University Wordnet