Definition of death (noun)
- the event of dying or departure from life
- the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism
- "the animal died a painful death"
- the absence of life or state of being dead
- "he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
- the time when something ends
- the time at which life ends; continuing until dead
- "she stayed until his death"; "a struggle to the last"
- synonyms: last
- the personification of death
- "Death walked the streets of the plague-bound city"
- a final state
- the act of killing
- "he had two deaths on his conscience"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet