deadly meaning and definitionDefinition and meaning of deadly at MeaningMonkey.org. deadly meaning and definition in the English Dictionary.
Definition of deadly (adjective)
- causing or capable of causing death
- of an instrument of certain death
- "deadly poisons"; "lethal weapon"; "a lethal injection"
- synonyms: lethal
- extremely poisonous or injurious; producing venom
- involving loss of divine grace or spiritual death
- "the seven deadly sins"
- synonyms: mortal
- exceedingly harmful
- synonyms: baneful, pernicious, pestilent
- (of a disease) having a rapid course and violent effect
Definition of deadly (adverb)
- as if dead
- synonyms: lifelessly
- (used as intensives) extremely
- "she was madly in love"; "deadly dull"; "deadly earnest"; "deucedly clever"; "insanely jealous"
- synonyms: deucedly, devilishly, insanely, madly
Source: Princeton University Wordnet