Definition of cycle (noun)
- an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
- a series of poems or songs on the same theme
- "Schubert's song cycles"
- a periodically repeated sequence of events
- "a cycle of reprisal and retaliation"
- the unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second
- a single complete execution of a periodically repeated phenomenon
- "a year constitutes a cycle of the seasons"
- synonyms: oscillation
- a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
Definition of cycle (verb)
Source: Princeton University Wordnet