CUT OUT verb
Definition of cut out (verb)
- delete or remove
- "Cut out the extra text"; "cut out the newspaper article"
- form and create by cutting out
- "Picasso cut out a guitar from a piece of paper"
- cut off and stop
- "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
- synonyms: cut off
- strike or cancel by or as if by rubbing or crossing out
- "scratch out my name on that list"
- synonyms: scratch out
- intercept (a player)
- synonyms: cut down
- cease operating
- "The pump suddenly cut out"
CUT OUT adjective
Definition of cut out (adjective)
- having been cut out
- "the cut-out pieces of the dress"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet