Definition of climb (noun)
- an upward slope or grade (as in a road)
- an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
- the act of climbing something
- "it was a difficult climb to the top"
- synonyms: mount
Definition of climb (verb)
- go upward with gradual or continuous progress
- move with difficulty, by grasping
- go up or advance
- slope upward
- "The path climbed all the way to the top of the hill"
- improve one's social status
- "This young man knows how to climb the social ladder"
- increase in value or to a higher point
Source: Princeton University Wordnet