Definition of breakdown (noun)
- the act of disrupting an established order so it fails to continue
- "the social dislocations resulting from government policies"; "his warning came after the breakdown of talks in London"
- synonyms: dislocation
- a mental or physical breakdown
- synonyms: crack-up
- a cessation of normal operation
- "there was a power breakdown"
- synonyms: equipment failure
- an analysis into mutually exclusive categories
- synonyms: partitioning
Source: Princeton University Wordnet