Definition of binary (noun)
- a system of two stars that revolve around each other under their mutual gravitation
- a pre-compiled, pre-linked program that is ready to run under a given operating system; a binary for one operating system will not run on a different operating system
- "the same source code can be compiled to produce different binaries for different operating systems"
- synonyms: binary program
Definition of binary (adjective)
- of or pertaining to a number system have 2 as its base
- "a binary digit"
- consisting of two (units or components or elements or terms)
- "a binary star is a system in which two stars revolve around each other"; "a binary compound"; "the binary number system has two as its base"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet