Definition of bench (noun)
- a long seat for more than one person
- a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
- synonyms: terrace
- persons who administer justice
- synonyms: judiciary
- a strong worktable for a carpenter or mechanic
- the magistrate or judge or judges sitting in court in judicial capacity to compose the court collectively
- the reserve players on a team
- "our team has a strong bench"
- (law) the seat for judges in a courtroom
Definition of bench (verb)
- take out of a game; of players
- exhibit on a bench
- "bench the poodles at the dog show"
Source: Princeton University Wordnet