Definition of belong (verb)
- be owned by; be in the possession of
- "This book belongs to me"
- be suitable or acceptable
- "This student somehow doesn't belong"
- be in the right place or situation
- "Where do these books belong?"; "Let's put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government"; "Where do these books go?"
- synonyms: go
- be rightly classified in a class or category
- "The whales belong among the mammals"
- be a member, adherent, inhabitant, etc. (of a group, organization, or place)
- "They belong to the same political party"
- be a part or adjunct
- "the uniform looks like it belonged to a museum collection"; "These pages don't belong"
- synonyms: belong to
Source: Princeton University Wordnet